Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sunrise at Tanjung Jara Resort Terengganu

May 2010

Our first real holiday trip, my Nikon and I - Tanjung Jara Resort Terengganu.

The east coast of Peninsular Malaysia has always been one place I would love to go back again and again for a good sunrise picture. When I was still a teenager with my faithful Yashica, I remembered a trip with my lecture mates where we woke up as early as 5am and was waiting at Teluk Chempedak Kuantan for that one perfect sunrise. I can still remember that one shot where I caught an eagle flying past the red rising sun across the horizon with my 70-200mm telephoto lens.

Much later, I remembered driving my wife (then GF) all the way to Kuantan and stayed overnight with a promise to watch the sunrise together. Unfortunately, the skies were not too cooperative then.

Hence, this trip was both to fulfill a promise as well as my childhood dream of catching that perfect sunrise and GOD was kind enough to help me fulfill both.

Tanjung Jara Resort is about 4 hours drive from Kuala Lumpur. This 99 rooms resort located on a 17 hectare site fronting the South China Sea was designed to reflect the elegance and grandeur of the 17th century Malay palaces, hence her tag line - `Unmistakably Malay'. It is truly a wonderful place to escape with one's lover and to be totally immersed in the tranquility, charm and great hospitality of this highly rated resort managed by YTL.

The early fisherman catches the fish. (Caught this at 6:30a.m. the second morning)

A lone fisher up and early looking for that one that got away the previous day

Footprints in the sand


A perfect dining experience during the sunset

Reflections

No comments:

Post a Comment