Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Lincoln's Waffle Shop, Washington DC

About 5 minutes walk away from my hotel (The Grand Hyatt) in Washington DC, I found this little cute unpretentious local diner aptly called the Lincoln's Waffle Shop. It is located directly opposite the Washington DC Hard Rock Cafe and the Ford Theatre.

It was not at all impressive from the outside but I was drawn to the fact that I would love to try something very local in the States.

Operated by Chinese Vietnamese, the menu is straight forward and the price - local and affordable (please do even attempt to convert to Ringgit). For our first breakfast on the very first morning in Washington DC before we embarked on our city tour, we ordered a very typical American breakfast.

Verdict: The food is simple and GOOD and free flow aromatic freshly brewed coffee! Heavenly.

If it is local fare that you yearned for, I would strongly recommend this joint and you get to have your meals among the man and woman who live and work in Washington DC, right from blue collar workers, rough and massive construction workers to a few good old friendly Washington police officers...

I love this place so much that I had ALL my breakfast there for every morning I was in Washington DC ....

No comments:

Post a Comment