Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Comparison between Club Med Bali, Bintan Island and Cherating (Part VI) - Beaches Bintan Island

Club Med Bintan Island

....and I have saved the best for last .....CLUB MED BINTAN ISLAND!


The view of the private beach of Club Med Bintan Island taken from one of her restaurants....

The beaches at Bintan Island is simply magnificent. The beach at Club Med is also a private beach and it stretches for miles! Imagine...miles of fine white sandy beaches and clear blue skies and clear blue ocean ..... it's a holiday that every travel agency will promote and every post card will try to sell you ....


The sea here is definitely calmer than that at Cherating. This is the place where you will find the white fine sandy beaches that you always dream of. Imagine your feet literally sinking into the fine white sand. That is how fine and `fluffy' the sand can be ...

Not only is the sea calmer, but during the low tide, you can actually walk out into the sea and it is still rather shallow and safe.

For me as a photographer, the beach offers a variety of options.

From the stretches of white sandy beaches to crops of interesting rock formations and sea weeds that gives that `ommmph' to the otherwise a normal picture .....


I was blessed with two days of spectacular sunrise during my five days stay there. Why only two? That is because it rained the entire day on the second day and the rest ....I overslept or simply too tired after the night partying to get up .....

Here are some of the shots I managed to captured with my Nikon d90, sigma 10-20mm F3.5 wide angle with brand new GND filter that I bought for this trip .....

The sun rises for yet another day with a fishing boat in the foreground ......

I was walking along the beach trying to find a good spot to capture the sunrise when I chanced upon this spot of rock and interesting seaweeds. The GND filter allowed me to take this shot with the built-in flash to capture the interesting seaweed and the clear water, at the same time, capturing the dramatic clouds formation and the hues of this fantastic sunrise .....


The rocks and the clear water in the foreground and the boats in the background captured my attention against a backdrop of a awesome sunrise ....

It is common when we concentrate in capturing the sunrise that we only pay attention to where the sun is rising....I took this shot when I looked away from where the sun was rising and I saw this little patch of island with some interesting tree formation and a lonely boat in the background ...The sky and her colour and hue is equally vibrant and exciting .......

This shot (to me) is one in a million ...As I was busy clicking away, something within told me to look up and lo and behold, I saw this magnificent eagle flying past ...Instinctively, I point my D90 upwards and clicked away ...(and almost fell into the water as I was standing on some rather slippery rocks). I have always wanted to capture an eagle in flight in sunrise. Why? Because I captured one when I was in my college days in Cherating using my old Yashica with my 70mm-200 zoom lens with my puppy love ..... The solitary flight of a mighty eagle zooming across the sky so free and so majestic have ALWAYS excites me ....

Finally, my next post would be on the SERVICE!....Club Med is always about fun and service. Which of the three have impressed us? Stay tuned......

No comments:

Post a Comment