Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tanjung Rhu Resort Langkawi : Our Langkawi Getaway

I am going to take a break from writing about Singapore though I still have yet to put up some pictures I had on the Universal Studio as well as my exploration of Sentosa Island.

A blogger friend of mine was holidaying in Langkawi over the last weekend and I thought that I pull out some pictures of this beautiful resort we went a couple of years back and yack about it before I forget....

We have been to Langkawi three times previously and the last being in October 2010. And there is this one resort that we will always go back to....The Tanjung Rhu Resort.


I was introduced to this resort by my wife who had their company's annul conference there years ago.  Subsequently, we made a trip there and from that first trip, we are hooked. The ambiance of the resort, the tranquility that we enjoyed once we stepped inside the resort grounds, leaving behind the hustle and bustle not to mention the worries of our work place is simply magical. The service level is unimaginable and impressive but what attracts us is definitely their `all inclusive package'....

Located at Tanjung Rhu, this resort has miles and miles of private and quiet white sandy beaches. You do not have the usual tourist crowd. Here, you can truly enjoy sitting by the beach, having a cocktail or a cold cold beer, read a book or simply watch the clouds go floating by. In another words, simply doing NOTHING! Now, how cool is that!



Another quiet section of the long white sandy beach and very very calm waters ...

I will share a bit more about their service level and the `All Inclusive' Package in my next post where I will post some pictures of the room we took during our last trip there. For this post, I will post some pictures of some beautiful sunset I managed to capture when I was there .....


 I almost forgot that I got this one. I particularly love the sun rays breaking through the dark clouds behind the range of hills. The good Lord is kind to show me a different sunset every evening we were there .....


Same location but a totally different spectacular sunset with different hues and colours ....


Took this shot while we were relaxing in front of their reading room, enjoying some snacks, coffee and beer of course ....


Now, that is what a holiday should be. Sitting with your loved ones by a quiet, almost deserted beach, watching the sun slowly setting away, giving way to the passion of a hot humid night ...ahem....


or...you might want to do this...take a quiet stroll across the sand bar and walk to these unique islands in the middle of the sea but be forewarned...make sure you get back to the main land before the tide comes in, else you would have to be rescued .....

This is definitely a resort you would have to visit if you are looking for a place where you can have some real peace and tranquility, to spent some quality (and romantic) time with your loved one and be treated like a king at the same time. How? Consider taking their `All Inclusive' Package which we did every time we were there.....More of that in my next post ....stay tuned ....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment